How we help
Broadening the knowledge of IT with students
We first proposed a Computer Club to promote use of IT within students, it should give two main benefits. Firstly, to give students the basics they need to live in a digital economy. Secondly to encourage students with a technical mind to examine IT as a potential career.
As Cambodia strives to become a digital economy, all people will need more understanding of IT. Most importantly, it is by giving broader education to these young people will help drive that knowledge into the community.
Computer Clubs are not a new idea – but in rural Cambodia, direct engagement of students in other IT subjects is new.
The first Computer Club was run in early 2020, being abandoned near completion when the country went into lockdown. This activity is now run under the project IT Club Cambodia. Our website for IT-Club can be found here. Schools or Institutes interested should see IT Club or register here.
Computer Club - Key subjects
- Web browsing/searching finding and using information
- Staying safe on-line
- Social Media
- Use of email
- Computers – how to copy files, how to back-up your data, passwords, explaining Cloud
- Developing a simple website
- What does a company’s computer system and network look like, explaining the skills required and roles
- Programming – introduction
How this is achieved
- By understanding the student skills by meeting and listening to them.
- We engage with schools and their directors to discuss the requirment.
- The classes have been produced and are available in Khmer and English.
- A teacher to run the class needs to be identified..
- We review progress regularly, and after the finish, so we can learn from mistakes.
- We will change and improve the syllabus from feedback.